Financial topics

Investments, gold, currencies, surviving after a financial meltdown
Higgenbotham

Re: Financial topics

Post by Higgenbotham »

In addition to the Southern Poverty Law Center, government agencies such as the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the FBI are increasingly concerned about the threat posed by a subset of anti-government radicals called "sovereign citizens." According to Daryl Johnson, the author of a forthcoming book on extremism and a former DHS senior analyst, "The sovereign citizens belong to an extreme antigovernment movement that believes the government is illegitimate and has no authority over them." In addition to their violent leanings he explains that: "The sovereign citizen movement has actively exploited the mortgage foreclosure crisis and promoted debt-elimination schemes and scams to financially desperate individuals."

This subgroup is estimated to have between 100,000 and 300,000 adherents nationally.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brian-lev ... 31318.html

That's a lot of adherents if the description is right. I have less and less sympathy for the US government's position on what constitutes an "extremist" and what does not. There are millions of potential adherents to something less "extreme", which is the idea that any government that would promote the theft of trillions of saver's money is illegitimate and that one should get as far away from this as possible, either by leaving the country or forming subgroups that prevent the theft. Trying to legitimize government theft via currency debasement is "extreme".
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

OLD1953

Post by OLD1953 »

I'd wager that if inflation of 50% per annum did show up, loans would suddenly find the principle indexed to the CPI. That would indeed cause a backlash.

From little acorns grow huge oaks. Perhaps this will prove popular enough to set a trend in Washington? It's way past time.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-573938 ... verpriced/

aedens

Post by aedens »

They are to blind H, moreover busy also. Just because the sheep drink blue or red cool aid the DHS is seeing Waco and taxpayers see Ruby Ridge? I think they kinda get the notion average people are just plain sick and tired of the treatment they have been under. A Senator had a close encounter and the exchange went rather badly so actual ongoing blowblack may be coming. I did catch part of his interview and he said some things in very plain terms so the onus was on them ongoing. It did not take very long for DHS to press release and redirect the focus they are tasked to currently. Taxpayers with critical thinking skills are far and few between but overall the regard is just forbearance which will release itself. I am under the view currently, as many are also the election may mean more for the republic than we realize. The statement forwarded may have already rang true in the GD context I feel already. Politicians truly and actually in number seem to care less as they run out of our money and I sense they understand the wind may of just changed. Some still worship the Reagan, and never have followed a penny of that brush of uncontrolled spending that was ignited, Clinton never balanced acount either if you follow the OBM numbers. Guys like Gramm and countless others are laughing at us all the way to the bank. If you follow the money and the bucket shops that are alive and well you can see the legislative footsteps and the actual end of the Republic before we even drew breath anyway in fact. The DHS are just errant in the current reality and are trying to prevent some greater fools who think they are a solution for the taxpayers. Americans are about 90 percent pointless on any true scope to critical discussion spending forward. We just left that as unsustainable trajectorys. The bottum line is since 1971 its been over and Americans as mentiond never had a spark between there ears to know it then or now. I really never caught on either until the early eighties and it is a not amusing listening to the blue or the red guys any more.

1981 - "If we can control spending and shave a few points off the inflation rate, we can do more good for the poor, the elderly, and the finances of State and local government than any package of Federal programs ever could." - President Reagan, March 9, 1981
chart_edwards_reagan6-9.gif
chart_edwards_reagan6-9.gif (12.96 KiB) Viewed 4069 times
Ronald Reagan shrank the federal government by about 5 percent or so. But spending never in true scope stopped so 5 percent is totally pointless.
Any one says x or y candidate will do x or y to solve spending ongoing to scale may be disapointed.
Reagan had little or no actual Senate support to reality anyway so I do not fault the guy working with lunatics around him.
https://www.cia.gov/library/center-for- ... source.htm
1983 - The official Soviet news agency TASS says that U.S. President Reagan is full of "bellicose lunatic anti-communism."

1971 December Smithsonian Agreement of the Group of Ten. Heralded by American President Richard Nixon as “the most significant monetary agreement in the history of the world”, the Smithsonian Agreement was a series of agreements signed in December 1971 in Washington, DC. As part of this agreement, the American government agreed to revalue the dollar against gold and several countries altered their central rate against the dollar. The three documents excerpted here include the Group of Ten’s Ministerial press communiqué and the IMF’s Executive board decision on central rates both of 18 December 1971, and an IMF press release providing member states with information on the new exchange rate.

The founding father knew this was going to happen anyway. Just more cheerfull and usefull idiots thats all.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2 ... _messenger
Syrian authorities are holding 13 French military officers in the central city of Homs, which was the scene of fighting between government troops and a rebel army, the Beirut-based The Daily Star reported. The French officers are in custody at a field hospital in Homs, the newspaper reported, citing an unnamed Damascus-based pro-Syrian Palestinian official in Beirut. Syrian and French authorities are seeking to resolve the issue, the newspaper reported. A spokesman for the the French Ministry of Defense didn’t immediately return messages seeking comment.
We already have covered this in the forums on whats up anyway.
http://generationaldynamics.com/forum/v ... unix#p9344
We are just measuring disconnects between the ears thats all now.
Last edited by aedens on Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:22 am, edited 13 times in total.

aedens

Post by aedens »

OLD1953 wrote:I'd wager that if inflation of 50% per annum did show up, loans would suddenly find the principle indexed to the CPI. That would indeed cause a backlash.

From little acorns grow huge oaks. Perhaps this will prove popular enough to set a trend in Washington? It's way past time.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-573938 ... verpriced/
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/insight-c ... 3QD;_ylv=3
Last edited by aedens on Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

OLD1953

Post by OLD1953 »

There are signs the attitude in DC is starting to turn around. But they are as yet tiny and haven't shown much in the way of fruit.

The reds have spent the last 50 years telling everyone that deficits are OK as long as they are for the military, the blues have spent the last 50 years telling everyone deficits are OK as long as they maintain the middle class, both are willing to disguise spending as tax breaks, and neither one has cared about balancing the budget. Clinton was a lone maverick, and his determination to bring the books towards balance earned him a great deal of hatred in DC. It was always very notable that many many Democrats were willing to stab him in the back every chance they got. He was not beloved in that city by either side. He would have been hailed as "the greatest leader ever" had he simply gone with the flow and allowed spending to rise steadily as tax income rose. The true belief of the reds towards deficits was made very plain during the passage of the Bush tax cuts.

Historically, the sole and only means by which government has increased production and made business more productive has been to build infrastructure and support research. Our infrastructure, especially the early education infrastructure, is a mess.

aedens

Post by aedens »

I agree with your tenets on the red/blue construct. Mine for that matter also was reshaped after a few dozens books. http://graphics.eiu.com/files/ad_pdfs/e ... 020_WP.pdf
The older report has some intersting facets.
http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w_ar ... 012_432207
The cascading mechanism will not be contained. I forwarded the inflationary indexes and we convey control burns which we have a firm grasp of here to the geopolitical intent. The article conveyed is just what these people are dealing with in there locality and is a separate dynamic.
You as some more are understanding, "because they think the dollar is OK but the government is not. Sensible of them, IMHO."
Last edited by aedens on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:13 pm, edited 8 times in total.

OLD1953

Post by OLD1953 »

There are two touchable money pools left and one untouchable in the US. The two touchable money pools are the 401K's and the Social Security fund - and yes, you'll be told the latter is insolvent right up to the day they seize the bonds and resell them, and increase the payroll tax, while also adding in a "means" test, all in the name of "solvency". Give me a couple trillion in US bonds, I think I'll manage the solvent part myself. I see the payroll tax holidays as part and parcel of this farce. Most of the people I know don't want that to continue.

The untouchable pool is the US government holdings of real property, especially 8000 odd tons of gold, plus enough BLM land to make up several new states. I don't see this changing, short of total govt collapse.

aedens

Post by aedens »

Most of the think tanks I have read convey 2015 give or take a few years. I will defer to water, wheat, and weather before I undertake much else these days anyway. I tend to be biased to the older acounts as stalwart guides since when money fails the conveyances many consider myth will matter. Many may misunderstand the position Mises clarifies as the baker and the tailor to the net effect of his missives of the time and consequences forward. This does not dilute the GGS thinkers out there since it is just a opposite polar view of what we see here under GD.
My view is the top or bottum of the wheel is pointless as we move. No lingering issue to the journey forward and just due dilegence to the script we have. It has been rather accurate. The problem arises I have found for a long time is the attitude attached to the solutions considered for spending in unfunded liability they consider social stability norms currently. I have a few in advanced Health care study and as fast as time moves I will regard the actual issues they are facing since those are the realities upcoming and not crafted documents of commitee auguring. It is just measurements and expectations that the taxpayers intuitively guage better on some items is the divide ongoing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Tainter
The globalised modern world is subject to many of the same stresses that brought older societies to ruin.
Average individuals may have benefited because they no longer had to invest in the burdensome complexity of empire.
http://americankabuki.blogspot.com/p/13 ... banks.html
Last edited by aedens on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

aedens

Post by aedens »

The critics point to that money as needed income for a city with its back against the wall. McCann pointed out that Detroit receives 50 percent of Michigan's revenue sharing, but represents only 7 percent of the state's population.
We know...
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/ ... FF20120309
I asked some Canadian friends some time ago please take Detroit. They laughed and said that would be an act of agression. Sometimes this State can be a surreal.
Last edited by aedens on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aedens

Post by aedens »

Money pits at tax payers expense will overcome us before mother nature does, or both as the script runs it course. I am in the reference of thought again, as we conveyed before, that we are in GD context to be assailed from the right and the left since between the two we are running to event horizons.
I have more regard for underwater volcanoes being found as encyclical drivers also of weather activity's and ph ocean issues other than the usual suspects to obscene amount of chemical weapons dumped in the oceans and now nuclear wastes from reported and unreported on some sources of regard to acurracy's. Finite resource management issues and proposed dependant varable drivers are being used as leverage against reality. This is cost factoring upwards and will finish off the rest of consumers already and hopelessly unable to recover and in truth never will. Policy drivers are and will push millions more also it appears.

Sierra Club Took $26 Million in Gas Industry Contributions:
According to a blog post from Sierra Club Executive Director Michael Brune, the environmentalist organization accepted millions of donated dollars from the natural gas industry to fight against coal-fired plants nationwide. Here are the details. Brune stated he became aware of the $26 million in donations from individuals and subsidiaries of Chesapeake Energy, one of the largest natural gas companies in the U.S., shortly after he became executive director in 2010. The funding began in 2007, he said. According to a blog post from Sierra Club Executive Director Michael Brune, the environmentalist organization accepted millions of donated dollars from the natural gas industry to fight against coal-fired plants nationwide. The club's views on natural gas had changed by 2010 when Brune became executive director, he explained, and he made the recommendation that the funding be stopped. Brune posted the Sierra Club opposes natural gas development that poses a risk to the environment and the organization is now insisting the recipes of fracking fluid be disclosed and toxics eliminated from the mix. In spite of the decision by Sierra Club to withdraw from its funding agreement with Chesapeake in 2010, the United Mine Workers of America -- which just found out about the funding -- called foul, with union President Cecil E. Roberts issuing a statement accusing the organization of putting people at risk with its practices.
Gas industry funding highlights Sierra Club hypocrisy:
For immediate release: [TRIANGLE, VA.] United Mine Workers of America International President Cecil E. Roberts issued the following statement today: “The admission by the Sierra Club that it took $26 million from the natural gas industry to fund its long running anti-coal campaign explains a lot. Now we know why this so-called ‘independent’ organization has been such an advocate for another form of fossil fuel and against using cutting-edge technology that would make using coal to generate electricity just as clean as natural gas. “The Sierra Club used secret gas industry funding to actively work to suppress the building of hundreds of next-generation coal-fired power plants across the country, plants which would significantly reduce emissions of mercury and other harmful substances. “By doing so, the Sierra Club was able to continue to point to the higher emissions levels from aging plants that were not being replaced like they were supposed to be, which played into the false notion that coal can’t be used cleanly. “But this campaign also means that the very people the Sierra Club says it wants to help will continue to be exposed to higher levels of mercury and other emissions – levels that would not occur if the new generation of coal-fired plants are built. “They’ve cynically put people at risk for years to come with this campaign, and made themselves little more than tools of an energy industry competitor in the bargain. Let’s get real here: Just like any business, the gas companies are about selling gas, period. And they will gladly funnel cash to any organization that will help them do it. “If the Sierra Club really wanted to make a long-term, positive impact for our nation’s energy future, it would support all potential ways to generate electricity cleanly and in a carbon-neutral way. The next generation of clean-burning coal-fired power plants, combined with the wide-spread deployment of carbon capture and storage technology, is one of those. “Instead of merely being a knee-jerk shill for a competing industry, the Sierra Club would do well to take a step toward joining with those of us who seek not just a cleaner, but also a more stable and secure long-term energy future for our children and grandchildren.”

Let us not be naive on the preference .gov exports list, Coal is on that list.
Keynes also made the following clear and unequivocal declarations:
I believe the future lies with,
1.State trading for commodities;
2.International cartels for necessary manufactures; and
3.Quantitive import restrictions for nonessential manufactures.
Yet all these future instrumentalities for orderly economic life in the future you seek to outlaw.
Everybody know's what is going on. The STFU money to Sierra Club did its work for gas and the Hill.
http://duckduckgo.com/?q=chicago%20coal ... 20closings
Last edited by aedens on Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.