Financial topics

Investments, gold, currencies, surviving after a financial meltdown
John

Re: Financial topics

Post by John »

greghaught wrote:for a little while this morning, globex looks like it's working at capacity.

this could be the end of our little lull. anyone need the down elevator to the subterranean levels? i think this is it. it wont be an express. there'll be some stops.
How could that be? Everyone is saying that the recession is over.

John

The Grey Badger

Post by The Grey Badger »

What I'm seeing is a combination of yo-yo and roller coaster. Right now we're in a yo-yo stage. I'm not making any but the most obvious moves until I know what's happening. Besides volatility, that is.

John

Post by John »

Dear Pat,
The Grey Badger wrote:Right now we're in a yo-yo stage.
You're right about the yo-yos. There are a lot of them.

Sincerely,

John

freddyv

Post by freddyv »

John Mauldin's, "Outside the Box" yesterday featured an article titled, "A 20-Year Bear Market?", by David Galland of Casey Research. The articles hilights the work of Neil Howe, of "The Fourth Turning" fame.

Read it at http://www.investorsinsight.com/blogs/j ... arket.aspx

--Fred

wvbill

Post by wvbill »

We've talked about market manipulation in these forums...

A must see clip:

http://market-ticker.denninger.net/arch ... ation.html

Bill

aedens

Post by aedens »

Unsustainable trajectory's are at play and the link below sums up what I suspect to be leveling
tools. Many here can see this effect also. The only point i would convey is the gradualism
effects which mask the http://www.nber.org/papers/w12662 isolated market exchanges. The sum of the above is point blank
Ignored lessons in a mixed market reality desease.

http://thetechnicaltakedotcom.blogspot. ... imate.html

Higgy is correct,
Higgenbotham:
The Fed can't guarantee any of this mess. Once investors get nervous about what the Fed can and can't do, at some point the credit and stock markets will panic. I'm guessing August on that, but who knows.
History conveys:
Syndicalism stays veiled from public discernment and will be rendered for purpose of Capital and Labor Responsibilities systemic misnomers.
The austrian's call it the master builder dilema and i agree to what I found to be painfully true in any context to date.
Also, never underplay how good you are to change the inertia in times to the betterment of yourself and be a candle in the darkness
to others LK16.31
Last edited by aedens on Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.

gerald

Post by gerald »

freddyv wrote:John Mauldin's, "Outside the Box" yesterday featured an article titled, "A 20-Year Bear Market?", by David Galland of Casey Research. The articles highlights the work of Neil Howe, of "The Fourth Turning" fame.

Read it at http://www.investorsinsight.com/blogs/j ... arket.aspx
We are entering a forth turning the "Crisis" as mentioned in John Mauldin's "Outside the box"

An interesting similarity, but of longer duration is the ancient Greek and Hindu concept of four stages in the grand cycle.
They are "the age of gold, silver, bronze, and iron, followed by destruction" and then the cycle repeats. We are currently in the age of iron.
The age of Iron is described as brutish, violent and base.

aedens

Post by aedens »

EBIT will prevail. Nothing else matter's.
Net working capital as a percent of total assets
is the seed money to projects underway. CFO's
are under intense pressure to get the sheet in order
in peer review to even get a contract to customer's
order's. Last edited by aedens on Mon Apr 13, 2009

http://www.zerohedge.com/node/11791 David Rosenberg, former chief economist for Merrill Lynch, one of the few mainstream analysts who got it right (now with Gluskin Sheff in Toronto)

"One can only admire the dexterity with which the oil companies - who stand to make $trillions from carbon fixing, carbon trading and carbon taxes - have positioned themselves both as the 'enemy' to be paraded against by 'green' campaigns while at the same time arranging themselves to be the principle beneficiaries of the most extreme climate change hype which is used to prepare for massive mad carbon fixing schemes and energy price hikes from which
http://author.heritage.org/Press/ALACha ... 663=312158
they would profit and increase asset values." Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:25 pm

http://generationaldynamics.com/forum/v ... ebit#p2927

Earnings will match reality quicker then they want to in Washington. When they pick winners and losers the taxpayer never wins as you see again. Although the Obama administration's blueprint euphemistically refers to this money as 'climate revenue,' in reality it is an energy tax that would force consumers to pay higher energy prices," Lieberman writes in a paper co-authored with research assistant Nicolas Loris. "The plan may be intended to reduce greenhouse gases, but actually it would kill jobs and devastate the economy." I will not fight the tape "will not have to"and GD covers this area reasonably well. The fed feels they can lead the economy to change which is delusional on there part since when have they created wealth? Given OPEC is a monopoly if tried in the context of Law it would be price fixing and the United States created this if you survey accurate history "Golden Gimmick Truman". Understand Middle Eastern Business margins "ethics" to infidels

Blue Dogs are little more than bought-and-paid-for agents of big business. One corporate lobbyist explained the Blue Dogs' fundraising prowess this way: companies say to themselves, "Blue Dog Democrats are probably going to be more business-friendly, so let's give them more campaign contributions.... You get elected, you join the Blue Dogs...the money comes flowing." Individual fundraising is then amplified by contributions from the Blue Dog PAC, much of it from large corporations like UBS ($10,000), Citigroup ($10,000)
As much as politicians hate to be accused of being influenced by money, the Blue Dogs haven't necessarily gone out of their way to disabuse people of this notion: at last year's Democratic National Convention, the Blue Dog reception (with open bar!) was sponsored and paid for by the telecom industry, which was feeling generous after forty-five of the forty-seven members voted to grant it immunity from civil suits for collusion with unlawful domestic spying.

You got what you voted for and GD forums have provided timely information and I thank you all. Blue Dogs have no shame and have Bitten the hand that voted them in. Remember well citizens, remember well. Who are the real Blue Dogs? The question irks leaders of the fiscally conservative coalition of House Democrats, which made solid gains in 2008 and now includes 49 members. Every one of them is sincerely committed to reducing the federal deficit, they say. Of the 49, however, only six of them voted against President Obama’s $789 billion economic stimulus package despite their stated, laser-like focus on balancing the budget. Obama’s plan, by his own acknowledgment, will increase the deficit in the short term by roughly $200 billion. (Another five Blue Dogs who had opposed Obama’s original plan switched to “yes” votes on the final version)

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/80xx/doc8027 ... _Trade.pdf
Revenue Nuetral Effects will harm the lower wage earners. The Spiral earnings will continue. "Strategies that reduced net economic costs would often disproportionately benefit higher-income households, whereas the costs of the cap would tend to fall disproportionately on lower-income households."
All they have done is choke more money off to the working class. The Cap and Trade Bill HR 2454 was voted on last Friday. Proponents claim this bill will help the environment, but what it really does is put another nail in the economy’s coffin. They do not care at all and ignore the facts. The events on Capitol Hill last week just demonstrate Washington’s audacity in manufacturing problems just so they can expand government power to solve them.
This is the tipping point IMO
Last edited by aedens on Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

greghaught

Post by greghaught »

if people could just wake up to these 2 main points .....

1) the money, i.e lobbying, campaign contributions and bribes are the only votes that count. the ballot box is just a pacifier and serves to maintain appearances.

2) the #1 axiom of governance: "Never let a perfectly good crisis go to waste. If the crisis is severe enough, you can get what you really want but would not otherwise even ask for."

and it's corollary:
aedens wrote: The events on Capitol Hill last week just demonstrate Washington’s audacity in manufacturing problems just so they can expand government power to solve them.
"Don't let the lack of an available crisis slow you down. Be creative."

if you keep these 2 main points in mind, then you can understand what's happening in the world.

aedens

Post by aedens »

greghaught wrote:if people could just wake up to these 2 main points .....

1) the money, i.e lobbying, campaign contributions and bribes are the only votes that count. the ballot box is just a pacifier and serves to maintain appearances.

2) the #1 axiom of governance: "Never let a perfectly good crisis go to waste. If the crisis is severe enough, you can get what you really want but would not otherwise even ask for."

and it's corollary:
aedens wrote: The events on Capitol Hill last week just demonstrate Washington’s audacity in manufacturing problems just so they can expand government power to solve them.
"Don't let the lack of an available crisis slow you down. Be creative."

if you keep these 2 main points in mind, then you can understand what's happening in the world.
=============================================================
http://www-cfap.jbs.cam.ac.uk/publicati ... s/WP31.pdf
2 points to consider also in due context to 3 points make a trend. Thus Institutional Recomposition stage.
"Although further financial innovation widens the opportunities by creating new spaces and instruments of speculation, the heart of the process is the confidence in the new technologies and their profit making potential." We like this flower to be called Predicated Business Cycle. Human intellegence
Or if you have my certitude of conviction... "This is what you bastards get for inventing paper money screwing up the process"
Given the lastest seisure moves as carbon credits capital will go elsewhere as will mine very soon. Watch currency moves carefully.