Financial topics

Investments, gold, currencies, surviving after a financial meltdown
aedens

Re: Financial topics

Post by aedens »

As for the Yellow Dog Voters as warned they return to whatever they can eat as warned no matter how times it was convulsed up.
Pity or scorn cannot texture the rot in the nation.
Last edited by aedens on Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

aedens wrote:I hope all is well H.
I always survived by being more short on the way back down than I was on the way up. Or more long on the way back up than I was on the way down.

That implies the market has to reverse at some point. 6 years is a long time to wait. I did make money in 2009, 2010, and 2011 as the market went up but not a lot. In those years the market went up slowly with occasional crashes. It was possible for the short sellers to get some relief. I have lost money since late 2011. 4 years is still a long time to wait. However if there has been a turn here I will once again make more on the way down than I lost on the way up. I will have remained solvent longer than the market stayed irrational.

I stopped following the financial news and the financial blogs and only followed price.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

aedens

Post by aedens »

Your correct H.

“Each time history repeats itself, the price goes up.” Ronald Wright

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

In case anyone missed the humor here, I added the acronym:
Higgenbotham wrote:“They’re called Shares of Hydrocarbons Imported from Titan (SHIT), and we can’t put ‘em out fast enough,” he said. “Hedge funds, pension funds, endowments, institutional investors, you name it. Everyone wants a piece of this (SHIT).”
Last edited by Higgenbotham on Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

gerald

Post by gerald »

Australia To Start Taxing Bank Deposits

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-03-2 ... k-deposits

You are taxed to earn it, and taxed to save it -- huh?

"Alice In Wonderland" is getting to look logical.

from Higgenbotham's post

“They’re called Shares of Hydrocarbons Imported from Titan, and we can’t put ‘em out fast enough,” he said. “Hedge funds, pension funds, endowments, institutional investors, you name it. Everyone wants a piece of this.”

"The above article is a parody that talks about an oil discovery on Titan, one of Saturn's moons." ------ are you sure it is a parody?

As far as oil on Titan, oil is from microorganisms or other activities, and is constantly being produced on Earth and elsewhere, --- whatever
http://mragheb.com/NPRE%20402%20ME%2040 ... roleum.pdf

I would suggest buying shares in "Alice In Wonderland" --- can't go wrong these days.

cheers

aedens

Post by aedens »

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

gerald wrote:from Higgenbotham's post

“They’re called Shares of Hydrocarbons Imported from Titan, and we can’t put ‘em out fast enough,” he said. “Hedge funds, pension funds, endowments, institutional investors, you name it. Everyone wants a piece of this.”

"The above article is a parody that talks about an oil discovery on Titan, one of Saturn's moons." ------ are you sure it is a parody?
Well, the thought did cross my mind that the differences between this and the actual Reuters news wire are not all that significant. Reuters reporters might advise the writer of the parody to hone his "wordsmithing" a little and he could be hired on as a financial reporter.

aedens

Post by aedens »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo3EPPN2G6w#t=29

Our premise they taught was rather and somewhat incorrect. Please join the site.

For us older spin particles of magnitude in order
at least we never surrendered....

aedens

Post by aedens »

Energy companies investing in one another, they have no choice.

Read up on the history of the Standard Oil monopoly if you don’t understand.

As discussed:

probable pattern recognition conditions trended

previous context thread Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:12 am: Even if you provide accurate data you will be eaten by that tribe. Simply they are what we discussed as the proverbial fatal deceit as before. Hayek knew this as did Keynes since they only differed on the entry point to sort out needed cartels on what you may remember as the cluster nodes which keep these neo pagans today from eating each other.

"The rules of morality are not the conclusions of our reason." - David Hume

As Higg noted to me correctly, being Bagehot on some items which conveys the character of leaders was often more important
than their political affiliation.

Then saith he to the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it forth; and it was restored whole, like as the other.
Then the Pharisees went out, and held a council against him, how they might destroy him.

Semper Fortis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_VsvZmIWxY
Attachments
competionisasin.png
competionisasin.png (95.12 KiB) Viewed 6960 times

aedens

Post by aedens »

http://www.redlandsfortnightly.org/papers/Taylor06.htm Now we have some more texture to why the concrete rivers are in place.
“Important people suffer; less important people more so.” “Confusion and consternation filled the city.”

http://city-journal.org/2011/21_3_california-water.html
In other words, pumping from the aquifer is as cheap and easy on the East Side as it is difficult—indeed, nearly prohibitive—on the arid West.
No wonder, then, that this vast interior land was once a desert outback—sparsely populated, mostly unfarmed, and owned by large ranching concerns.