Financial topics

Investments, gold, currencies, surviving after a financial meltdown
gerald

Re: Financial topics

Post by gerald »

hmmm --- MassMutual Senior Vice President Found Dead, Stabbed In Chest In Apparent Homicide

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-11-2 ... t-homicide

As CBS reports, initially there was speculation Millian may have been in a bicycle accident, or may have been the victim of a hit-and-run. However on Saturday, the office of the Chief State Medical examiner said the cause of her death was a stab wound to the chest, and the manner was homicide.
--------------------------------------
- Shouldn't that have been obvious -- hit-and-run vs.-- stab wound? -- apparent homicide? -- no kidding, really?
--------------------------------------

"I love this path," she said. "My husband is in the dog park now. It is a lovely place." She likened Simsbury to West Hartford, saying it is usually peaceful and violence is rare.

"I use this path a lot and I'm shocked and surprised...I always feel very safe," said Lucinda, who declined to give her last name.
Was this another targeted murder in an otherwise sleepy neighborhood, and if so, what was the motivation to take out a mother of two and active member of the local community? The police investigation is ongoing.
-------------------------------------------
gee about one a week -- finance anyone?
-----------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------
from the comment section

Timmay
I actually knew this woman, met her when she worked at Sun Life of Canada's U.S. office in Wellesley Mass. She was a good person. I honeslty hope this was not a "class" killing, if so I think it bodes poorly for the .01%

RIP
----------------
SWRichmond
Knives are personal. Just saying.

gerald

Post by gerald »

same old same old ----

"There is a direct relationship between the degree of “redistribution” by the government and the decline in effort by the gifted or motivated."

The Rand-ian Writing On The Wall --- http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-11-2 ... iting-wall

"In establishing her now well-known beliefs in governmental systems, Ayn Rand had the benefit of having observed the entire progression from a relatively benign monarchical system to totalitarianism. As a result, she not only learned that political leaders can be deceitful in their claims for social improvement, she also learned, first hand, that those leaders (and/or hopeful leaders) who promise that they are going to change the system in such a way that everyone will “have all they need,” are the most deceitful of all."

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

bluebird wrote:Higgie - That is an interesting perspective that the market exchanges could be closed arbitrarily at some point in time. Nothing moves in or out. Mutual funds frozen, etc. That would be a panic. To carry this thought further... could you see money frozen in small savings accounts at local banks or credit unions too? People assume they have FDIC insurance that their money is safe.
When you say, "That would be a panic." I actually agree that closing the exchanges due to fear of what happens if they open again in order to prevent a panic, is a panic. It's a diffferent kind of panic than what we conventionally think of as a panic but it is a panic nonetheless. I would also agree with anyone who says when the Fed is printing trillions of dollars in order to avoid a conventional stock market panic, and has destroyed their balance sheet in the process, that is also a panic, but a different kind of panic than we're used to thinking about.

Regarding the banks and credit unions, I could see something like this and others have talked about it, and I think it happened in Cyprus. What I could see happening is the government saying that all accounts in the banks are frozen and each person can only withdraw a small amount each day, say $100 max.

But just like the Fed won't allow a conventional stock market panic, I don't think the government will allow a conventional bank run, as long as they have the power to stop it. What I mean by the power to stop it is the system is still basically functional. So what I think will happen to the markets I think will also happen to the banks. One day there will be nothing happening at the banks. They will just close one day and that will be the end of it. There will be talk of the banks reopening (like they did in 1933) for awhile but it won't happen. A conventional bank run will never be allowed to happen.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

gerald wrote:We live in a maze of mirrors and lies.
Truly we do. All of our institutions are like zombies on life support. The collapse has already happened but it hasn't totally manifested. Like a person that is in a coma while the parents and the lawyers fight it out over whether they can pull the plug as millions of dollars in medical resources get wasted. Wasting process. Technically the person is alive. People can hope the person can regenerate but they can't. They can look at the electrocardiogram machine and say she's still alive and has a heartbeat. I think if the Karen Ann Quinlan story were to happen today the media and the public would ignore it, same as they ignore the institutional zombies on life support.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_Ann_Quinlan

This reminds me of the zombie institutions. Permanent brain damage, vegetative state, violent thrashing. On life support for years while it wastes away. The actual death is a non event.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

aedens

Post by aedens »

http://www.anna-news.info/node/26096 bucket of salt

cult of exclusiveness sums all these jagged pills for what it is worth

as for the in accordance with a racist ideology this guy is a complete asshole

gerald

Post by gerald »

The weather and climate effects human activity --- Why do they get the moderate and long term projections wrong?-- Maybe because they aren't aware of, or don't or haven't been paying attention to a major influence.
http://arxiv.org/abs/1411.6030 from the Cornell University Library

"Solar irradiance is considered one of the main natural factors affecting terrestrial climate, and its variations are included in most numerical models estimating the effects of natural versus anthropogenic factors for climate change. Solar wind causing geomagnetic disturbances is another solar activity agent whose role in climate change is not yet fully estimated but is a subject of intense research. For the purposes of climate modeling, it is essential to evaluate both the past and the future variations of solar irradiance and - GEOMAGNETIC ACTIVITY -which are ultimately due to the variations of - SOLAR MAGNETIC FIELDS- . Direct measurements of solar magnetic fields are available for a limited period, but can be reconstructed from geomagnetic activity records. Here we present a reconstruction of total solar irradiance based on geomagnetic data, and a forecast of the future irradiance and geomagnetic activity relevant for the expected climate change." ( capitaziation is mine )

tin foil hat tine --- In the UFO literature it has been stated numerous times and over the decades that the sun is a major source of energy due to it's magnetic fields and that these fields can be tapped into. hmmm

aedens

Post by aedens »

gerald wrote:The weather and climate effects human activity --- Why do they get the moderate and long term projections wrong?-- Maybe because they aren't aware of, or don't or haven't been paying attention to a major influence.
http://arxiv.org/abs/1411.6030 from the Cornell University Library

"Solar irradiance is considered one of the main natural factors affecting terrestrial climate, and its variations are included in most numerical models estimating the effects of natural versus anthropogenic factors for climate change. Solar wind causing geomagnetic disturbances is another solar activity agent whose role in climate change is not yet fully estimated but is a subject of intense research. For the purposes of climate modeling, it is essential to evaluate both the past and the future variations of solar irradiance and - GEOMAGNETIC ACTIVITY -which are ultimately due to the variations of - SOLAR MAGNETIC FIELDS- . Direct measurements of solar magnetic fields are available for a limited period, but can be reconstructed from geomagnetic activity records. Here we present a reconstruction of total solar irradiance based on geomagnetic data, and a forecast of the future irradiance and geomagnetic activity relevant for the expected climate change." ( capitaziation is mine )

tin foil hat tine --- In the UFO literature it has been stated numerous times and over the decades that the sun is a major source of energy due to it's magnetic fields and that these fields can be tapped into. hmmm
http://mauricecotterell.com/

gerald

Post by gerald »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-11-2 ... ing-ignore

Guest Post: Did They Want More Violence In Ferguson? 10 'Coincidences' Too Glaring To Ignore

Fox News Guest Post Obama Administration

Submitted by Michael Snyder of The Economic Collapse blog,

Was it a conspiracy or was it incompetence? Those appear to be the only two alternatives that we are left with after the horrific violence that we witnessed in Ferguson on Monday night. The first round of Ferguson rioting back in August took everyone by surprise, but this time authorities had more than three months to prepare. They had the ability to control precisely when the grand jury decision would be announced and how many cops and National Guard troops would be deployed on the streets. But despite all this, the violence in Ferguson on Monday night was even worse than we witnessed back in August.

Either this was a case of almost unbelievable incompetence, or there was someone out there that actually wanted this to happen. If someone out there is actually trying to provoke more violence in Ferguson, then the rioters are being played like a fiddle. Most of them have no idea that they could potentially just be pawns in a game that is far larger than they ever imagined. The only other alternative to explain what we just saw is incompetence on a level that is absolutely laughable. Something definitely does not smell right about all of this, and let us hope that at some point the American people get the truth.

The following are 10 “coincidences” from Monday night in Ferguson that are too glaring to ignore…

#1 Federal, state and local law enforcement authorities had more than three months to prepare for the violence that would follow the announcement of the grand jury decision. The mainstream media endlessly hyped this controversy and everyone knew that trouble would be brewing. But despite an enormous amount of time to prepare, very little was actually done to prevent any violence from happening.

#2 Someone made the decision to make the public announcement about the grand jury decision in the evening. Anyone involved in law enforcement knows that crowd control is far more difficult after dark. This also ensured that instead of being tied up with work or school, a maximum number of protesters would be able to be involved in the violence.

#3 Fortunately for the mainstream media, the announcement of the grand jury decision was perfectly timed to provide the largest possible number of prime time viewers for the big news networks.

#4 Just like back in August, no law enforcement authorities of any kind responded while dozens of businesses were vandalized, looted and set of fire.

#5 According to Ferguson Mayor James Knowles, National Guard troops were purposely held back from intervening in the rioting that was unleashed when the grand jury decision was made known to the public…

In a press conference, he called the delay “deeply concerning” and said the Guard troops were available but were not deployed when city officials asked.

The troops had been readied last week by Gov. Jay Nixon as the grand jury announcement neared. But as gunshots rang out in the night and looters torched buildings, they were nowhere to be seen.
#6 It is being reported that the heavily armed National Guard troops were limited to “keeping the peace at a courthouse, patrolling the outskirts of town and preventing disturbances in other suburbs” as horrific violence raged in the heart of Ferguson on Monday night.

#7 Missouri Lieutenant Governor Peter Kinder has accused Missouri Governor Jay Nixon of holding back the National Guard troops because of pressure from the Obama administration. On Monday night, he angrily made the following statement to Fox News…

“Is the reason that the National Guard was not in there because the Obama Administration and the Holder Justice Department leaned on you to keep them out? I cannot imagine any other reason why the governor who mobilized the National Guard would not have them in there to stop this.”
#8 The Washington Post has documented that Attorney General Eric Holder had been in direct contact with Governor Nixon and had expressed “frustration” with the fact that the National Guard had been activated…

A top aide to Holder called the governor’s office earlier this week to express Holder’s displeasure and “frustration,” according to a Justice Department official.

“Instead of de-escalating the situation, the governor escalated it,” said the official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak on the subject. “He sent the wrong message. The tone of the press conference was counterproductive.”
#9 Firefighters in Ferguson did not immediately respond to calls to put out the multiple fires that were set by protesters. As a result, many businesses essentially burned to the ground. But this did make for some amazing television footage.

#10 In the worst of the “war zones”, journalists with cameras and microphones were crawling all over the place while there were hardly any police to be seen at all. How is it possible that law enforcement could have failed so badly? Could it be possible that this was orchestrated on purpose?

Sadly, as I have written about previously, the civil unrest that we are witnessing in Ferguson is just a small preview of what is coming to America.

The anger and frustration that are seething under the surface in this country have reached a boiling point. Instead of coming together, we are seemingly more divided than ever. Americans have been trained to hate one another, fear one another and blame one another. I fear that we are not too far away from actually becoming ungovernable.

And when the next major wave of the economic crisis strikes and we start experiencing real suffering in this nation, the temper tantrums that we are going to witness in our major cities are going to make what is happening in Ferguson right now look like a Sunday picnic.

So buckle up and hold on, because it is going to be a really bumpy ride from here on out.

Ferguson is not the end – it is just the beginning of a horrible new chapter in American history.
------------------------
Is this terrorism?

aedens

Post by aedens »

http://www.4thmedia.org/2014/10/the-ker ... nd-russia/

http://energy.sandia.gov/energy/renewab ... c-biomass/

86 million full-time private sector workers in the United States paying taxes to support the government,
and nearly 148 million Americans that are receiving benefits from the government each month

http://www.hark.com/clips/qfhlrczbzm-so ... t-and-live

http://famguardian.org/disks/SurvivalDV ... urself.pdf plantation economics