Welcome to the Generational Dynamics Forum!

Start here, say hello, and tell us a little about yourself.
thesuperunknownx

Re: Welcome to the Generational Dynamics Forum!

Post by thesuperunknownx »

Hello everyone my name is Evan and I live int he USA. I was born in 85 and I have been following this website for a while now because I want to know what is going on in the world. It seems like we are in for some very scary times indeed. In the meantime I am trying to do what I can in order to survive the coming crisis, as I am sure most people in this website are doing as well. Recently it seems as both the US and China have been provoking each other in various ways. Hopefully, it will be a long time before the conflict gets out of hand.

Laustim

Post by Laustim »

Hello to all! my name is Laustim and i am new visitor at generationaldynamics.....therefor, i am very happy and welcome to new joiner..

sarahS4621

Post by sarahS4621 »

thesuperunknownx wrote:Hello everyone my name is Evan and I live int he USA. I was born in 85 and I have been following this website for a while now because I want to know what is going on in the world. It seems like we are in for some very scary times indeed. In the meantime I am trying to do what I can in order to survive the coming crisis, high risk merchant account, as I am sure most people in this website are doing as well. Recently it seems as both the US and China have been provoking each other in various ways. Hopefully, it will be a long time before the conflict gets out of hand.
Although this is an old post I felt the need to bring it back into view for those who are just joining us here. It is refreshing for someone belonging to your generation to be involved. Too many of your generation are considered neoliberalist and not willing to admit to the dangers we face as a nation due to the crisis's that my generation have caused. I am hoping that when your generation begins to take political office you can change world views.

redberry

Post by redberry »

I am Josua from Indonesia. I hope I can learn something precious from here

LadyJudith

Post by LadyJudith »

Hello! I'm a 70 y/o retiree who ran her own business for many years (20+). Unfortunately I had to retire on disability, one that was recognized only a few months after my application. So, I've had lots of time on my hands to read and do research online. Finding unbiased sources is rare so I really appreciate this website.

I was born in 1942 so I don't consider myself a baby boomer. I lived through the 60's raising my family and balancing a home budget. We had to live within our means for a long time, unlike our government today. When times were tough my husband got a second job and so did I. Neither one of us used marijuana or drugs or considered ourselves to be hippies. We instilled moral values into our children by both example and religious education. Both of our adult children give us much pride in a job well done.

I'm dismayed by what I see happening in our country today and its moral breakdown. My effort to create change consists of family discussions, forum involvement and example. My husband and I have always voted our conscience and support candidates who reflect this. I wish I had the physical strength to do more but I have considered starting a club that discusses current events and do brainstorming. Does anyone have other suggestions that I can explore? I really feel that I need to do more or else my country will be lost forever.

Iceman

Post by Iceman »

Hello all. My name is Gene. Just turned 60. Married to the same wonderful woman I started with in 1981, and have 2 grown son's currently serving in the United States Air Force. That brief bio background said, and after 31 years of nasty Fed Gov PC no common sense service, I retired from the National Weather Service, Halloween 2008. Been an avid (some would just say, "voracious") reader of what John and ya'll have been thinking/writing-saying since 2006 or-so, but never no posted anything till now (although, I did contact John via e-mail one time and tell him how he saved my financial net worth just before the crash and my retirement). I would surmize the forum may never hear from me again (except for maybe a, "awesome, I agree entirely!"), because intellentually, compared to ya'll (i.e., John, Aedens, Higgenbotham, and OLD1953, to be my-hero's specific...I am totally not worthy). That humbly so-said, I'll be reading here in learning spirit. Otherwise...Aedens, it was your Jane's Addiction's, "Kettle Whistle" that gave me the Forrest Gumption impetus to jump into this, "Welcome to the Generational Dynamics Forum" pot. It's the little things. Thanks.

aedens

Post by aedens »

Iceman wrote:Hello all. My name is Gene. Just turned 60. Married to the same wonderful woman I started with in 1981, and have 2 grown son's currently serving in the United States Air Force. That brief bio background said, and after 31 years of nasty Fed Gov PC no common sense service, I retired from the National Weather Service, Halloween 2008. Been an avid (some would just say, "voracious") reader of what John and ya'll have been thinking/writing-saying since 2006 or-so, but never no posted anything till now (although, I did contact John via e-mail one time and tell him how he saved my financial net worth just before the crash and my retirement). I would surmize the forum may never hear from me again (except for maybe a, "awesome, I agree entirely!"), because intellentually, compared to ya'll (i.e., John, Aedens, Higgenbotham, and OLD1953, to be my-hero's specific...I am totally not worthy). That humbly so-said, I'll be reading here in learning spirit. Otherwise...Aedens, it was your Jane's Addiction's, "Kettle Whistle" that gave me the Forrest Gumption impetus to jump into this, "Welcome to the Generational Dynamics Forum" pot. It's the little things. Thanks.

The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world that it leaves to its children.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

I will fight for yours so fight for mine

samueljordan

Post by samueljordan »

I found this forum year ago and i bookmarked it, few days ago i was looking my bookmarks while see it again so think now i should be a member here and get registered i the same day. :D