Before the Lynch Mob Comes For The Last Good Man (Intro.)

Start here, say hello, and tell us a little about yourself.
John Vidi

Before the Lynch Mob Comes For The Last Good Man (Intro.)

Post by John Vidi »

We should accept that rock music died in 1994. I had a curious conversation with a friend today, and I think it may illuminate some of the issues posed by the GD theory. I ought to present some background first. I should say that I am, presently, 30 years old. I graduated University 8 years ago. My degree was in a field completely unsuited to finding employment. I became a teacher. It was obvious even at University that I didn't want anything they were offering. I eventually fell into a career outside the United States. I don't miss cold weather and obesity. I consider myself a happy person, but always the outsider. I see the greater part of people my age medicating with substances I don't touch. They have toxic brains. The music of today is crap, but I don't fall at the altar of Baby Boomer culture (clearly superior as it was.) In my opinion, what we have today is a 'cannibal culture.' I'm not yet old. Why are the things of my youth already being recycled and spit back at me? I consider myself an artist. I don't know that I produce anything that means anything to anyone else. My parents are in their 60s. They never had a political opinion in their life. They sacrificed for the middle class lifestyle. They're miserable and unhappy. My father is tied down with regret that he got married and had kids and a dog and 2 cars. My parents said, "Do What You Want." All I've ever known is freedom. It's direction I really wanted. Hey Ma and Pa - how about a kick in the pants once in a while? I saw a lack of contenment in bread and circus at an earlier age. But I'm no soldier. My own motto is 'Don't Look Back.' WACO was a seminal event of my youth. I learned to distrust the government. I was fed on a steady diet of end times prophecy/ufo abductions/conspiracy theory. You just know someone is hiding the truth. I've been expecting civil war or revolution since I was 14. When Y2K didn't bring down the system, I think I said, "Darn. Now I have to go to college." Since I moved out of the US, most of my friends have been over 50. This particular friend is named RL. He's 60. He considers himself a hippy, a liberal. I asked him about the Trayvon Martin fracas. He wants the facts of the case. I'm telling him that the facts are unimportant. It's the overall context of civil strife that matters. No, he says, I need to know where in FL this happened. I tell him he's missing the forest. We may or may not ever know the truth. These divided factions of our society reached their conclusions long before Zimmerman put a bullet into Martin. If I come back to the US, I'm a gonna live in the deep woods, where no idea can find me.

sarahS4621

Re: Before the Lynch Mob Comes For The Last Good Man (Intro.

Post by sarahS4621 »

It is refreshing to see someone at your age acknowledging that it was the parent's fault (my generation actually) in part for the way your generation, and of course the next offshore merchant account, turned out. Had we taken more time to be involved, less time trying to avoid turning out like our parents (admittedly this is what I strived for in the early part of my adulthood) and more time being what parents should be (guides for the next generation) then things may be different in our world today. Our generation failed you and I will be the first to admit it...I am a failure when it comes to raising our future. Thank you for such a refreshing outlook.