Sides in coming war

Awakening eras, crisis eras, crisis wars, generational financial crashes, as applied to historical and current events
vincecate

Sides in coming war

Post by vincecate »

This list is interesting. It is an ordering of how much military power each country has. It seems like 10 out of the top 11 are all on the same side in John's predicted sides for the coming war. Is that right?

http://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-listing.asp

John

Re: Sides in coming war

Post by John »

vincecate wrote: > This list is interesting. It is an ordering of how much military
> power each country has. It seems like 10 out of the top 11 are all
> on the same side in John's predicted sides for the coming war. Is
> that right?

> http://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-listing.asp
Thanks for posting that link.

The subtlety comes in when you think about what will happen when most
of the missiles have been expended. There will be massive land wars
between China-Pakistan-Cambodia and India-Russia-Vietnam, also in the
Mideast and Europe. There will be famine and disease. The whole
thing should take about five years, same as WW II.

Still, this "Global Firepower" listing does seem to imply that the US
and its allies will win the war. I used to be more pessimistic, or at
least more equivocal, but I've been coming around to that opinion.
There will be hundreds of Chinese missiles hitting American cities,
killing millions of people, creating tens of millions of refugees.
But once the missiles are used up, there'll still be a world war that
will go on as long as necessary, and China will have a lot more
enemies than we will.

vincecate

Post by vincecate »

Wait, Turkey is also expected to be on Sunni/China side, so really it is just 9 of top 11 on US side. Right? Still looks good for US side.

John

Post by John »

vincecate wrote: > Wait, Turkey is also expected to be on Sunni/China side, so really
> it is just 9 of top 11 on US side. Right? Still looks good for
> US side.
Turkey will certainly be fighting Russia and Iran, and also possibly
against parts of Europe.

Jack Edwards

Post by Jack Edwards »

Will Central/South America get sucked into it? Southern Africa?

Or will they be able to sit out of it?

Regards,
Jack

vincecate

Post by vincecate »

Here is an interesting article on how the war will start. Key idea:

"In his History of the Peloponnesian War, ancient Greek historian Thucydides told us the tale of a dominant regional power (Sparta) that felt threatened by the rise of a competing power (Athens).

Sparta felt so threatened, in fact, that all the moves they made to keep the Athenian rise in check eventually escalated the power struggle into an all out war.

Modern political scientists call this the Thucydides Trap."

China and the US seem to be in the Thucydides Trap.

https://www.sovereignman.com/podcast/th ... _worldwar3

vincecate

Post by vincecate »

Someone made a summary of a talk Putin gave on March 26. As related to WW3, let me highlight #7 below:

7. Russia does not wish for the chaos to spread, does not want war, and has no intention of starting one. However, today Russia sees the outbreak of global war as almost inevitable, is prepared for it, and is continuing to prepare for it. Russia does not war—nor does she fear it.

Rest are:

1. Russia will no longer play games and engage in back-room negotiations over trifles. But Russia is prepared for serious conversations and agreements, if these are conducive to collective security, are based on fairness and take into account the interests of each side.

2. All systems of global collective security now lie in ruins. There are no longer any international security guarantees at all. And the entity that destroyed them has a name: The United States of America.

3. The builders of the New World Order have failed, having built a sand castle. Whether or not a new world order of any sort is to be built is not just Russia’s decision, but it is a decision that will not be made without Russia.

4. Russia favors a conservative approach to introducing innovations into the social order, but is not opposed to investigating and discussing such innovations, to see if introducing any of them might be justified.

5. Russia has no intention of going fishing in the murky waters created by America’s ever-expanding “empire of chaos,” and has no interest in building a new empire of her own (this is unnecessary; Russia’s challenges lie in developing her already vast territory). Neither is Russia willing to act as a savior of the world, as she had in the past.

6. Russia will not attempt to reformat the world in her own image, but neither will she allow anyone to reformat her in their image. Russia will not close herself off from the world, but anyone who tries to close her off from the world will be sure to reap a whirlwind.

7. Russia does not wish for the chaos to spread, does not want war, and has no intention of starting one. However, today Russia sees the outbreak of global war as almost inevitable, is prepared for it, and is continuing to prepare for it. Russia does not war—nor does she fear it.

8. Russia does not intend to take an active role in thwarting those who are still attempting to construct their New World Order—until their efforts start to impinge on Russia’s key interests. Russia would prefer to stand by and watch them give themselves as many lumps as their poor heads can take. But those who manage to drag Russia into this process, through disregard for her interests, will be taught the true meaning of pain.

9. In her external, and, even more so, internal politics, Russia’s power will rely not on the elites and their back-room dealing, but on the will of the people.

http://mainerepublicemailalert.com/2016 ... e-is-over/

Trevor

Post by Trevor »

The impression I've gotten is that the Middle East may very well end up being the most brutal front in the Clash of Civilizations. There's a lot of concern and even fear about China's rise in the United States, but I don't see the same kind of venomous hatred. I don't hear calls to exterminate the Chinese the way I've been hearing about Muslims on some of the sites I visit.

And while you might disagree, I don't think the war will start with a nuclear exchange; think it'll stay conventional for a while. Oh, there certainly will be one with every weapon that isn't destroyed or intercepted, the warheads we have now and the ones that will undoubtedly be built over the course of the war.

We'll probably win in the end, but that victory will come at a massive price. I looked at the casualties of the Soviet Union in World War 2. About 15% of their population dead, and close to 40% of military-age males. I would expect our death toll to be comparable.

John

Post by John »

Trevor wrote: > And while you might disagree, I don't think the war will start
> with a nuclear exchange; think it'll stay conventional for a
> while. Oh, there certainly will be one with every weapon that
> isn't destroyed or intercepted, the warheads we have now and the
> ones that will undoubtedly be built over the course of the war.
I don't disagree with that at all.

It depends about what you mean by "start." It's arguable that the
conventional war has already started, given the situation in Syria and
Iraq, which is far from over.

And now this new conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia is extremely
dangerous, and could lead to a much larger or full-scale war in the
Mideast and the Caucasus within the next three or four months.

And that would be a conventional war. Sooner or later, other
countries will become involved, and the conventional war will spread.
When it will involve the nuclear powers, such as India vs Pakistan, or
India vs China, or Russia vs China, or US vs China, is anyone's guess,
but it's quite possible that the "conventional" war would continue for
several months, or even a year, before nuclear weapons start being
used.

When did WW II start? Was it in 1930 when the US passed the
Smoot-Hawley Tariff act? Was it in 1931, when Japan invaded
Manchuria? Was it in 1938, when the Nazis annexed Austria? Was it in
1939, when the Nazis invaded Poland? Or was it in 1941, when Japan
bombed Pearl Harbor?

jmm1184

Post by jmm1184 »

Trevor wrote:The impression I've gotten is that the Middle East may very well end up being the most brutal front in the Clash of Civilizations. There's a lot of concern and even fear about China's rise in the United States, but I don't see the same kind of venomous hatred. I don't hear calls to exterminate the Chinese the way I've been hearing about Muslims on some of the sites I visit.
I think the reason there is no venomous hatred of the Chinese in the US at this time is because we have not been attacked by the Chinese. You didn't see the same kind of hatred of Muslims before 9/11 as we've seen after it. But something that is telling is that though the Democrats and Republicans disagree with each other on most issues, one issue that can quickly unite them is the threat of China - if an attack from China occurs, especially if it were a major one, I actually think the two political parties will be more united over waging war on China than on Islamic terrorists.