Winter is Coming

Awakening eras, crisis eras, crisis wars, generational financial crashes, as applied to historical and current events
Trevor

Winter is Coming

Post by Trevor »

Are there any of you who don't have this feeling?

I know this is a fictional example but I'll use it. It's a series called: "A Song of Ice and Fire" where winters can last years and there's a major one coming. Instead of preparing for it, however, all of the kingdoms (this is a medieval fantasy series) spend their time fighting each other, playing political games, stabbing each other in the back and not caring at all about their impeding disaster. Eventually, however, winter does come and thanks to not preparing and spending the time destroying each other, many, many more people are going to die as a result.

It's exactly what we're seeing now. Our political parties are doing nothing to prepare us for what's coming, chiefly concerned with maintaining and increasing their own power. Anyone who warns that this can't continue or tries to do something is silenced using any means necessary. Meaning when winter does come...

psCargile

Re: Winter is Coming

Post by psCargile »

Yes.

I have this belief that world wide, adverage people of all nationalities want to only provide for themselves and their families, and do so in peace and security, that we all want to be left alone, not bothered, and not meddled with. It's the Alpha Groups, these minority groups of power holders, that are screwing with everyone: governments, terror orginizations, unions, religious orders, what-have-you. I don't have a problem with the adverage Iranian or Chinese citizen, and I don't think they have a problem with us adverage Americans. The governments have a problem with each other. Put a boxing ring in the main floor of the UN building and let them fight out their issues. I'd love to see Ahmadinejad get physically slapped by Netanyahu.

Maybe the Singularity will abolish the need for government and save us all.

gerald

Post by gerald »

psCargile wrote:Yes.

I have this belief that world wide, adverage people of all nationalities want to only provide for themselves and their families, and do so in peace and security, that we all want to be left alone, not bothered, and not meddled with. It's the Alpha Groups, these minority groups of power holders, that are screwing with everyone: governments, terror orginizations, unions, religious orders, what-have-you. I don't have a problem with the adverage Iranian or Chinese citizen, and I don't think they have a problem with us adverage Americans. The governments have a problem with each other. Put a boxing ring in the main floor of the UN building and let them fight out their issues. I'd love to see Ahmadinejad get physically slapped by Netanyahu.

Maybe the Singularity will abolish the need for government and save us all.
Another way to look at it - though a bit more depressing - is that - (the leaders) of governments, terror organizations, unions, religious orders, what-have-you- are the prison guards, and the people ,who just want to get on with their lives, are the prisoners.
Or, as some would say," we are on a Prison Planet". ---- Page six is interesting, and for context, page three -- http://www.thenewearth.org/Roswell.pdf

Trevor

Post by Trevor »

Another way to look at it - though a bit more depressing - is that - (the leaders) of governments, terror organizations, unions, religious orders, what-have-you- are the prison guards, and the people ,who just want to get on with their lives, are the prisoners
Odd as it sounds, the ordinary people seem to be more militant than their leadership is, at least in crisis era countries, and are making their voices heard. In most of the Middle East, the population hates us more, as do the Chinese.

gerald

Post by gerald »

Trevor wrote:
Another way to look at it - though a bit more depressing - is that - (the leaders) of governments, terror organizations, unions, religious orders, what-have-you- are the prison guards, and the people ,who just want to get on with their lives, are the prisoners
Odd as it sounds, the ordinary people seem to be more militant than their leadership is, at least in crisis era countries, and are making their voices heard. In most of the Middle East, the population hates us more, as do the Chinese.

And who informs and agitates the people? - the "leaders" -- leaders are educators, and depending on ones point of view "education" is " propaganda". Joseph Goebbles http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Goebbels or film director Leni Riefenstahl are examples. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leni_Riefenstahl

If you do not know about a people, how can you dislike or hate them? What do you think about the Mashpee Wampanoag? do you hate, fear or like them? do you know who they are?

Agitate " to attempt to arouse public feeling " http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/agitate

Agitate the masses, and then guide them, like puppets and enjoy the show.

nawaz

Post by nawaz »

John says that every nuke will be used. But when? I can see two possibilities. There will be a fear of "use 'em or lose 'em" that might result in the birds flying in the early hours of the CoC war. Alternately, the thought of nukes may be so horrifying that they will be held in reserve until one side or the other is on the ropes and uses them in desperation. I hope it is the latter...I have a fear of suddenly going up in a mushroom cloud and not having time to make my peace with God (although living in Twinsburg, I probably will not be at a ground zero).
What are your thoughts?
Nawaz